The 2020-2021 STARS Scholarship application is now available
The STARS Scholarship fund is a nonprofit organization committed to promoting access to and success in higher education. The organization is offering scholarships to students who are dedicated to completing a degree at an accredited college or university.
The scholarship is open to undergraduate, master’s and doctoral students.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551.
- Be a permanent resident (five or more consecutive years) of and have a permanent South or West Texas address in one of the 30 counties served (listed on the STARS website).
- Have earned/completed at least 12 undergraduate credit hours at a U.S. accredited college or university before applying for the scholarship.
- Have a minimum college cumulative grade point average (GPA) or 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have completed a high school diploma or its equivalent prior to the fall of the new academic year
- Be enrolled in a U.S. accredited four-year university undergraduate program, (full-time) seeking a bachelor’s degree, or a university graduate program (full-time) seeking a master’s, law or doctorate degree.
Deadline to apply in March 31, 2020.
For scholarship application and more information on the application process, visit www.starsscholarship.org.