United Way Campaign off to a great start
The 2020 United Way Employee Charitable Campaign and Service Project at Our Lady of the Lake University kicked off with a strong showing last week.
Repeat givers are leading the way. Staff are asked to consider joining them this week by logging into the United Way E-pledge portal: www.giveuw.org/OLLU.
- To give, employees should use their OLLU email to log-in and use their employee ID# without any preceding zeros as the password
- Ninety-three cents of every dollar contributed to United Way of San Antonio and Bexar county goes to direct services in our community
- Should employees decide to use the payroll deduction option, their donation will begin on Jan. 1, 2021.
- Employees can be recognized by United Way for donations of $250 or higher — Emerging Leadership ($250-499) end Leadership Level ($500 or higher)
- There is a $25 Minimum donation to participate in prize drawings each Friday.
Click here for the Partner Agency List.
The Kick-Off/Service Project attendee winners were:
- Adrianna Gonzalez (Diana’s Burgers gift certificate) prize winner – WebEx Kick-off participant
- Dr. George Williams, Vice President for Student Affairs (Diana’s Burgers gift certificate) prize winner – In-Person Kick-off and First Shift Literacy Kit project
- Yadira Chavez, OLLU student (Chick-fil-A gift card) prize winner – Second Shift Literacy Kit project
The Oct. 23, 2020 Winners were:
- Dia de los Muertos gift basket – Phyllis Duncan
- Halloween gift basket winners – Julie Kneupper and April Tamayo
- OLLU Fiesta Medals – Ida Perez, Gina Garza, Ramon Zertuche, Nancy McFerron and Deborah Healy
This week’s 125 prizes are:
1-chance for a Starbucks Gift Card
2- chances for a Diana’s Burgers Gift Certificate
5-chances for an OLLU Confetti Run Medal
Click to see the United Way video.
Many thanks to the wonderful community partners, who have generously donated toward United Way prize drawings: Sugar Rush, Diana’s Burgers, Deco Pizzeria, Lisa’s Mexican Restaurant, OLLU offices and employees. Please support and thank them for continuing to invest in the West Side barrio.
The United Way campaign will continue through Nov. 20. For questions, contact the 2020 OLLU United Way Campaign Chairs – Mary Scotka (email@example.com, Prov. 2C, ext. 5590) or Cyndi Trevino (firstname.lastname@example.org, Moye 110, ext. 6504).