COVID-19 protocol update
Thanks to the efforts of the OLLU community, COVID-19 cases on OLLU campuses have continued to decrease after a peak in August. A significant portion of the OLLU community is vaccinated and continued mask-wearing and other precautions are keeping the community safe. Thanks to these efforts, OLLU has seen no evidence of virus spread in its classrooms, residence halls or offices this semester.
With these improvements, and as long as there is no new surge in COVID-19 cases, the university provides the following updates:
- OLLU plans to continue all in-person classes through the end of the semester; the university does not plan to move to remote instruction as it did last year after the Thanksgiving holidays.
- There will not be a special, extended pass/fail grading option this semester.
- There will not be an extension of the standard deadline to withdraw from classes. View the fall 2021 academic calendar for deadlines.
- OLLU will celebrate with an in-person commencement ceremony on Dec. 9 at Freeman Coliseum. Graduation details are available on the university website.
- Masks are still required for all individuals on campus in common spaces including classrooms, hallways, meeting spaces and other areas where individuals cannot isolate; the university will continue to evaluate mask requirements based on CDC guidance.
- The university will hold a COVID-19 vaccine clinic on campus on Nov. 4 from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Sign up for an appointment online here.
- Vaccine and Testing Reminders:
Students and employees who have not submitted proof of COVID-19 vaccination are required to test on a regular basis. Individuals will receive an email with instructions when it is time to test. More details are available on the Administration Division SharePoint site.
OLLU students have until Oct. 29, 2021, to submit their COVID-19 vaccine record to receive a $100 Amazon.com gift card. Vaccine records can be uploaded at this link. Once vaccine records are verified, students will receive an e-link directly from Amazon with the gift card. The university will send out an email alerting students to be on the lookout for the Amazon email.
OLLU employees who wish to share their COVID-19 vaccination record can upload an image of the record online.