Nominations sought for Sister Jane Ann Slater Leadership Award
Each year, a member of the OLLU staff and a member of the OLLU faculty are selected by a committee to receive the Sister Jane Ann Slater Leadership Award.
The award recognizes individuals who have had a positive impact on the university by building unity and community through their generosity of spirit and heart, exceptional leadership, enthusiasm, respect, and optimism.
To nominate a colleague, visit on the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/7FaGkku9Ff
Nominations are due March 28, 2022.
Sister Jane Ann Leadership Award Description: This award will honor and recognize an OLLU staff or faculty member who has had a positive impact on the university by building unity and community through their generosity of spirit and heart, exceptional leadership, enthusiasm, respect, and optimism.
• All full-time and part-time staff and faculty members are eligible for this award.
• Previous award winners are not eligible for nomination.
• All OLLU community members (staff, faculty, students, trustees and alumni) are welcome to submit nominations.
• Nominees must be in good standing with the university.
Criteria: Nominees will have demonstrated qualities such as:
• Motivating and inspiring the people around them to accomplish more than they would have normally;
• Inspiring a high-level commitment from others when taking on new initiatives;
• Creating a compelling vision for the future and helping others understand their roles in achieving it;
• Actively sharing responsibility, authority, information and credit when working towards the achievement of a goal;
• Giving team members all of the tools, authority and trust needed to achieve their tasks;
• Taking prompt decisive action to resolve issues quickly and effectively;
• Communicating in a manner which is fair, straightforward, honorable and open; and/or
• Setting a high standard of integrity by leading through example and maintaining high personal standards.