Summer hours schedule announced
Summer hours will begin Monday, May 22, and will continue through Friday, Aug. 4.
Official university summer office hours will be Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., and Friday, 8:30 a.m.-noon.
Full-time employees are expected to work a nine-hour day, Monday-Thursday and a four-hour day on Friday. Staff who normally work Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., are permitted to leave on Friday at noon. All full-time employees will work 40 hours every week and are required to take a minimum of 30 minutes for lunch.
Examples of some summer scheduling hours include:
• 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, with an hour for lunch, and 8 a.m.-noon on Friday (or any combination to equal four hours: however, the office will be open 8:30 a.m.-noon).
• 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, with 30 minutes for lunch, and 8 a.m.-noon on Friday.
• 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Thursday, with an hour for lunch, and 8 a.m.-noon on Friday.
The various combinations of flexible schedules listed above are permitted as long as the office has staff employee coverage from 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8:30 a.m.-noon on Fridays. Know that the actual schedule for each employee requires the approval of the supervisor. Additionally, some departments will not follow the summer schedule as necessary coverage is required after normal business hours.
Summer hour exceptions
The following departments are the exception to the Summer Hours Policy. They will be open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., during the summer.
• Undergraduate Admissions Office
• Graduate Admissions Office
• Registrar’s Office
• Financial Aid Office
• Student Business Office
The following are exceptions to the above summer hours schedule:
• The week of May 29-June 2 – since the university will be closed Monday, May 29, for Memorial Day, the university will be open regular hours Tuesday, May 30-Friday, June 2 (8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
• The week of June 19-23 – since the university closed Monday, June 19 in observance of the Juneteenth holiday, the university will be open regular hours Tuesday, June 20=Friday, June 23 (8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
• The week of July 3-7 – since the university will be closed Monday, July 3, and Tuesday, July 4 in observance of the Fourth of July holiday, the university will be open regular hours Wednesday, July 5-Friday, July 7 (8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
Other exceptions are Lake Days scheduled for the summer. Lake Days will continue as scheduled and offices associated with Lake Days will remain open after noon if those days fall on a Friday. The rest of the university offices will close as scheduled.
All OLLU faculty and staff are asked to avoid scheduling planned leave between Monday, August 14, 2023 and Wednesday, September 6, 2023. A supervisor may extend the dates established by the university for individual offices and departments. Special circumstances which require leave during this time (a child’s wedding, taking your child to college) must be approved by the vice president or chief administrator of a division.