IDEA council seeking applications for new members
The university IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility) Council is seeking membership applications from OLLU faculty, staff and students to join this dynamic group of individuals who are committed to cultivating a sense of belonging through inclusive excellence, continuous improvement, transparency, and accountability. Applications are due by Friday, April 21, 2023.
The mission of the IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility) Council is to promote Our Lady of the Lake University as an institution of higher education dedicated to serving a diverse community of learners in an inclusive and equitable environment and improving accessibility for all its members.
The charge of the IDEA Council is to promote a university-wide environment of continuous improvement by systematically identifying both existing and emerging issues that have the potential to keep students or employees from taking full advantage of the educational services offered by the university and/or deter the university from living within the shared values of the institution.
IDEA Council Member Expectations/Commitment:
- Membership terms are limited to three years with the option for renewal. The IDEA Council year coincides with the OLLU academic year.
- Members are expected to commit about eight hours per month to the IDEA Council. The IDEA Council meets twice a month, plus project team meetings.
- Attend IDEA Council meetings and be prepared to engage. A regular meeting schedule will be announced at the beginning of each academic year.
- Members are expected to join at least one project and meet with your project team outside of IDEA Council meetings. University department liaisons may be identified to assist with specific projects. Project leads report back to the IDEA Council and share information from the IDEA Council with their project team members.
- Members are expected to participate and support IDEA Council sponsored events, training, and retreats whenever possible.
Applications are due Friday, April 21, 2023. Apply here: https://ollusa.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_86e2vRazPbhb7U2
Questions? Please contact the IDEA Council Chair, Nicole Monsibais, at email@example.com.