International Education Week starts today
OLLU is proud to participate in International Education Week, which begins today and continues through Friday. International Education Week is an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. This joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education is an opportunity to highlight the value of global and cultural competency skills for success in the 21st Century.
Celebrate OLLU’s International Students
Visit the Moye Rotunda and enjoy the showcase of flags that represent the 19 countries from which our 39 international students hail.
- 39 international students: Largest number of international students hosted at OLLU in the past decade.
- Top 3 OLLU Nationalities: Germany, France, and Mexico.
- Other countries represented include: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Estonia, France, Germany, Honduras, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Slovakia, Spain.
- OLLU has 35 undergraduate international students and 4 international graduate students who are studying at OLLU on F-1 student visas.
- Thirty-three OLLU students are student athletes representing the following sports teams: Men’s Basketball (8), Men’s Tennis (7), Women’s Tennis (6), Men’s Soccer (5), Men’s Golf (4), Women’s Basketball (2), Women’s Golf (1),
Nov. 13-17 Event Schedule
Chartwells Dining will be featuring a different International Cuisine each day in the cafeteria.
- Countries to be featured include:
- Monday: Brazil – Brazilian Flank Steak
- Tuesday: Germany – Pork Schnitzel
- Wednesday: Caribbean Chicken
- Thursday: TBA
- Friday: TBA