Professor Benavides has busy summer
Yvette Benavides, associate professor of English, has had a busy summer. In addition to graduating with an MFA in creative writing from the University of Texas at El Paso in May, she has also had several works published and some that will be featured in upcoming publications.
Here are a few highlights:
- Her book review of Siri Hustvedt’s novel, “The Blazing World,” was published in the San Antonio Express-News on May 23.
- Her essays, “Dreaming of a Goal: Each Immigrant Has a Story,” and “Chipotle Tazas: Latino Writers Need Not Apply,” were published in “The Rivard Report” in May.
- Her radio commentary about cultural icon, Rita Vidaurri’s 90th birthday, aired on “Fronteras” on Texas Public Radio (TPR) the week of May 23.
- Her story, “Roldex of Saints,” will be published in the upcoming issue of “Huizache Magazine.”
- Her short story, “Attachments,” will be published in the fall issue of “Bellevue Literary Review.”