Scholarship opportunity for OLLU juniors and seniors
The C.B. and Anita Branch Trust has announced that it will award scholarships to qualified OLLU juniors and seniors for the 2018-2019 academic year to assist them in completing their education.
James Drought, who manages the Branch Trust, says that the intent of the scholarships matches the lives led by Charles and Anita Branch: hard-working, self-made and independent.
“It is our hope that these scholarships recognize students who have demonstrated that their determination to complete a degree at Our Lady of the Lake University has really influenced their development as students and as future leaders. Further, this assistance is focused on those students who have financial needs in order to finish their studies and realize their dreams of a college education,” says Drought.
To qualify for the C.B. and Anita Branch Trust Scholarship students must:
- Be rising juniors or seniors in fall 2018
- Be in good academic standing
- Demonstrate financial need
- Write a cover letter describing why they are interested in the Branch Trust Scholarship.
- Complete a one-page essay that explains their journey and growth as an OLLU student including any challenges overcome or breakthrough moments.
- NOTE: include full name, OLLU student ID number, university email address and telephone number.
Deadline to apply for the scholarship is Feb. 28, 2018, to the OLLU Financial Aid Office.
Applications will be reviewed by the end of March. Notification of eligibility will be sent to students in April.
For more information, contact Elena Ramirez, OLLU financial aid counselor, at 210-434-6711, ext. 7015 or email@example.com.