Deadline extended to apply for STARS Scholarship
Due to the Easter holiday, the deadline to apply for the STARS Scholarship has been extended to April 2.
The STARS Scholarship Fund is a nonprofit organization committed to promoting access to and success in higher education for all students in the community. Based in McAllen, Texas, STARS offers scholarships to students who are dedicated to completing a degree at an accredited college or university.
Who can apply:
Undergraduate, Master’s and Doctoral Students
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551.
- Be a permanent resident (five or more consecutive years) of and have a permanent South or West Texas address in one of the 30 counties served**
- Have earned/completed at least 12 undergraduate credit hours at a U.S. accredited college or university before applying for the scholarship.
- Have minimum college cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have completed a high school diploma or its equivalent prior to the fall of the new academic year
- Be enrolled in a U.S. accredited four-year university undergraduate program (enrolled full-time) seeking a bachelor’s degree, or a university graduate program (enrolled full-time) seeking a master’s, law or doctorate degree.
For scholarship application and more information on the application process, visit https://www.starsscholarship.org/stars/application/processpre.