The 2019-2020 STARS scholarship application is now open
The STARS Scholarship Fund is a nonprofit organization committed to promoting access to and success in higher education for all students in the community. The organization is offering scholarships to students who are dedicated to completing a degree at an accredited college or university.
Who can apply:
Undergraduate, master’s and doctoral students
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551.
- Be a permanent resident (five or more consecutive years) of and have a permanent South or West Texas address in one of the 30 counties served
- Have earned/completed at least 12 undergraduate credit hours at a U.S. accredited college or university before applying for the scholarship.
- Have minimum college cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have completed a high school diploma or its equivalent prior to the fall of the new academic year
- Be enrolled in a U.S. accredited four-year university undergraduate program (enrolled full-time) seeking a bachelor’s degree, or a university graduate program (enrolled full-time) seeking a master’s, law or doctorate degree.
For scholarship application and more information on the application process, visit www.starsscholarship.org
Deadline to apply is March 29, 2019.