Mission and Ministry hosting ‘Loaves and Fishes’ next week
The Division of Mission and Ministry is hosting “Loaves and Fishes,” Dec. 9-11 at the Elliott House. During Loaves and Fishes, staff members provide students with hot food and a welcoming environment during finals week each semester. Throughout this time, many OLLU community members have graciously donated food and enjoyed visiting students periodically as their schedules permitted.
Loaves and Fishes will take place from 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. each day.
There are several ways that members of the OLLU community can participate in this program:
- Serve as host or greeter for one or more one-hour shifts. Hosting duties involve welcoming and chatting with students, assisting kitchen staff in keeping the food and beverage serving area fully stocked and helping to create a welcoming and hospitable environment for all. To schedule a time, contact Roxanna Chavez at 210-528-7171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a cash donation for perishable items, or donate any food items from the following list:
- Protein bars/breakfast bars/granola bars
- Sandwich crackers
- String cheese
- Individually packaged mixed nuts
- Juice boxes (apple or orange)
- Bananas, apples and oranges
- Sliced bread
- Fair trade coffee
- Hot chocolate packets
- Peanut butter/jelly
- Bottled water (most requested item)
- Pray daily for the students taking finals, the faculty giving and grading final exams and projects and the community members who are giving of their time and talents in the Loaves and Fishes program.
Donations can be delivered to the Elliott House anytime between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. For more information, contact Roxanna Chavez at 210-528-7171 or email@example.com.