Work from home safety guidelines
The Zenith Insurance Company, OLLU’s work compensation insurance provider, has issued safety guidelines to prevent work-from-home injuries for staff and faculty. Here are Zenith’s recommendations:
- If standing, align ears, shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles.
- If sitting at a desk, adjust seat, the computer monitor, if applicable, and any articles in use in order to meet the following conditions:
- Feet are flat on the floor
- Knees are bent at a 90° angle or greater
- Thighs are horizontal to the floor and at a right angle with hips
- Arms and forearms are at right angles.
- Wristsshould be straight lines with forearms, not bent vertically or horizontally.
- Elbows should hang close to your body
- Shouldersshould be relaxed
- Head should be in line with the torso or bent slightly forward, not tilted back or twisted to the side.
In addition to using neutral posture, break up tasks and stretch regularly.