OLLU announces training to prevent sexual misconduct, promote safety
OLLU faculty and staff will be required to participate in a campus-wide training initiative to reduce or prevent incidents of sexual misconduct, sexual harassment and other types of inappropriate behavior on our campus. This training also includes information about campus safety, protecting privacy rights, and communicating this information to the appropriate university officials. OLLU believes that all human beings are inherently sacred and deserve dignity and respect and every community member is expected to be respectful in all interactions as part of the learning experience.
As a reminder, all OLLU employees are expected to know and understand the university’s policies on unlawful harassment and discrimination and to abide by them. Employees of OLLU who, in the course and scope of their employment, witness or receive information regarding the occurrence of an incident that the employee reasonably believes constitutes sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence or stalking against an OLLU student or OLLU employee, are required by law to promptly report the incident to the Title IX Coordinator or Deputy Coordinator within 72 hours of obtaining the information.
To support employees with their obligations, OLLU has provided the following online training modules to help employees learn how to recognize and prevent unlawful harassment. This training is mandatory for all full-time and part-time OLLU employees.
Additionally, these training programs support OLLU’s compliance with regulatory agencies governing the practices of higher education institutions.
Complete the following three assigned courses, which are available in English and Spanish:
- Title IX Mosaic: Prevent Sexual Violence Together (45 minutes)
- Understanding the Clery Act (15 minutes)
- FERPA: Protecting Student Privacy (10 minutes)
The deadline to complete all required training is Dec. 4, 2020.
To begin training, follow these steps:
- Go to https://learn.ue.org/MV77M994349/ollusaEmployeeAnnual
- Complete the Registration form with OLLU email
- Enter first name, last name and OLLU email address and click Register.
- A welcome email will be sent with username and a temporary password.
- Follow the link in the email to sign on.
- The following will be prompted:
- Enter temporary password: Saints2020!
- Create a new password
- Hint: Change it to be the same as the OLLU portal and email log in password
- Create and answer a security question
- Once logged in, ensure the completion of all courses assigned.
- A history of employee’s completed courses is available in “My Completion.” The employee will also receive an email containing a link to his/her completion certificate, upon successful completion of the course.
Tips for Completing Courses
- Pop-up blocker must be disabled for ue.blackboard.com
For questions related to training or logging in, contact Nicole Monsibais, Compliance Officer and Title Coordinator at email@example.com.