Deadlines approaching for students selecting Pass/Fail option for grading
Students are reminded that deadlines are approaching for those who wish to select the Pass/Fail option for fall semester grades.
* National Online 14-Week Session – Deadline for Pass/Fail option is Dec. 3
* Fast Track B and Weekend Sessions I and II – Deadline for Pass/Fail option is Dec. 3
* Traditional Fall Session – Deadline for Pass/Fail option is Dec. 16
Students must complete the appropriate form linked below to request a grade change. Review the information below before making a decision.
Forms may be found in the Registrar’s Office Portal Site > Menu > Student Admin Services > Registrar’s Office > Forms.
Speak with adviser and financial aid
Students are reminded to speak with their adviser and staff from the Financial Aid Office for guidance on decisions. Some financial aid and military/veteran benefits may be affected by grading decisions. In addition, graduate/professional school acceptance and professional licensure may be affected.
* The grade necessary for a Pass grade is dependent on the particular course and student type.
* If an undergraduate student is taking a course to fulfill General Education requirements, a D- or above is needed to receive a Pass grade. If an undergraduate student is taking a course to fulfill a major or minor requirement, a C- or above is needed to earn a Pass grade.
* Graduate students must earn a grade of B or above to earn a Pass grade.
* A grade of Pass will not be calculated into the Grade Point Average (GPA); a grade of Fail will be calculated into the GPA as an F. If a student repeats and passes the course at a later time, the F would no longer count toward the cumulative GPA.