‘Shred Days’ set for April
To mark Earth Day and demonstrate support for environmental protection, OLLU Shred Days will be held April 21-22.
Those interested in participating in Shred Day should determine if items can be recycled or if they need to be shredded. Review the Recycle vs. Shred guide to determine which method is acceptable.
Next, follow these steps:
- Consult the: Records Destruction Schedule
- Record destruction by using the: Records Destruction Form*
- Place private files in a standard size banker’s box
- Items that can be left in: staples
- Items that must be removed: spiral binders, metal clips, paper clips
- Bring standard size banker’s box to shred truck
*Documents for Shred Day must be approved by a supervisor or the Compliance Officer to ensure that the record is not relevant to any pending or anticipated litigation, claims, audit, investigation or enforcement actions prior to destruction. Participants who have completed the form by April 16 will be given instructions on where to bring their boxes.
For more information, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.