Summer hours begin May 17
Official OLLU summer hours start on May 17 and continue through Aug. 6.
Full-time employees are expected to work a nine-hour day Monday-Thursday and a four-hour day on Friday. Staff who normally work Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. are permitted to leave on Friday at noon. All full-time employees will work 40 hours every week and are required to take a minimum of 30 minutes for lunch.
Examples of some summer scheduling hours include:
· 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, with an hour for lunch, and 8 a.m.-noon on Friday (or any combination to equal four hours: however, the office will be open 8:30 a.m.-noon).
· 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, with 30 minutes for lunch, and 8 a.m.-noon on Friday.
· 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Thursday, with an hour for lunch, and 8 a.m.-noon on Friday.
The various combinations of flexible schedules listed above are permitted as long as the office has staff employee coverage from 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8:30 a.m.-noon on Fridays. Know that the actual schedule for each employee requires the approval of the supervisor. Additionally, some departments will not follow the summer schedule as necessary coverage is required after normal business hours.
The following departments are the exception to the Summer Hours Policy.
Undergraduate Admissions Office
Graduate Admissions Office
Financial Aid Office
Student Business Office
These offices will be open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., during the summer.
The following are exceptions to the above summer hours schedule:
- The week of May 31- June 4 – since the university will be closed Monday, May 31 for Memorial Day, the university will be open regular hours Tuesday, June 1-Friday, June 4 (8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
- The weeks of June 28–July 2 and July 5-9 – since the university will be closed Friday, July 2, and Monday, July 5, in observance of the Fourth of July holiday, the university will be open regular hours Monday, June 28 – Thursday, July 1 and Tuesday, July 6 – Friday, July 9 (8 a.m.-5 p.m.). NOTE: July 2 was approved by the President’s Council as an additional day off, outside the official university holiday schedule.