United Way charitable workplace campaign launches today
Our Lady of the Lake University believes in helping others and strengthening the community where its employees and students live and work. The community demonstrated this during this past year’s “Our 125th Service Legacy” when OLLU’s numbers exceeded the goal to serve at least 125,000 hours at 125 agencies. OLLU’s faculty, staff and students worked with 431 agencies and provided 161,435 hours of service
OLLU’s United Way workplace charitable campaign officially begins today during Make a Difference Week and continues through Nov. 19.
- Drawings will be held on Oct. 29, Nov. 5, 12 and 19. Prizes to include: $25 bookstore gift cards, $25 Chartwell Dining Gift Cards, Restaurant Gift Certificates, OLLU Swag/Gear, Party Packs and more.
- Week 1 Prizes: $25 Chartwell gift card, $25 Bookstore gift card, Deco Pizza gift certificate and 2 Halloween Prize Packs. Drawing to be held on Friday, Oct. 29
Support OLLU’s United Way Employee Charitable Campaign
- View the United Way video to learn how a donation makes a difference in the community: United Way video
- Contributions support more than 80 community agencies and focus areas. View the Impact Councils and Partner List
- There is an option to designate a pledge to a specific Impact Partner on the E-Pledge drop down menu. Donors might choose to designate their funds to one of United Way’s Impact Councils:
- Safety Net Impact Council (903), Successful Student Impact Council (905), Ready Children Impact Council (901), Strong Individuals and Families Impact Council (902).
- Another good option might be to support Catholic Charities (330) whose mission is to provide for the needs of others through selfless service.
- United Way of San Antonio and Bexar county is one of the most efficient and effective nonprofits in the country.
Employees are encouraged to make their donation online using the United Way E-Pledge portal: www.giveuw.org/OLLU
- Use the OLLU email to log in and insert employee ID# without any preceding zeros as the password
- Once signed in, employees will be asked to create a new password prior to making their donation
- Pledge Options include: Payroll Deduction, Credit/Debit Card, Check or Direct Bill
- Should employees decide to use the payroll deduction option, their donation will begin on Jan. 1, 2022.
- Be recognized by United Way for donations of $250 or higher — Emerging Leadership ($250-499) & Leadership Level ($500 or higher)
- $25 Minimum donation to participate in weekly prize drawings
For questions about the campaign, contact United Way Campaign Chairs — Mary Scotka (firstname.lastname@example.org, Casa Caritas #3, ext. 5590) or Cyndi Trevino (email@example.com, Moye 110, ext. 6504).
OLLU 2020 United Way Campaign Results by the Numbers
▪ 49% of OLLU’s employees contributed to the campaign
▪ $27,071.88 was raised
▪ $140 was the average amount donated
▪ 72 who participated contributed $100 or more
▪ 19 employees contributed at the Leadership Donor Level of $500 or higher
▪ 14 employees contributed at the Emerging Leadership Donor Level of $250 or higher
▪ 200 Literacy Kits prepared by OLLU employees during our Oct. 19 on-campus service project and donated to Urban Strategies Pre-K and elementary-aged students