Mobile Mammogram coming to OLLU on Thursday
A University Health System truck – or Mobile Mammogram – will be parked in front of the UWAC on Thursday from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. to provide mammograms for qualified women.
To be considered for a mammogram:
- Women must be at least 40-years-old
- Have not had a mammogram within the past year
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have no unusual breast symptoms, such as a lump
What to know before you visit:
- Doctor referrals are not needed. The mobile mammogram will call your insurance company to make sure you are eligible.
- Some financial assistance is offered for qualifying women. For more information, call 210-358-7020.
- Screenings take 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wear a two-piece outfit. Avoid using lotion, deodorant powder and perfume on your breasts and underarm area.
- To register, go to healthyUexpress.com, click appointment and complete the form. Your insurance will be contacted for certification. You will be called within 3-5 business days to verify your appointment.
All patients must register for appointments online or call 210-358-7020.