Summer hours will begin Monday, May 16, and will continue through Friday, Aug. 5.
Official university summer office hours will be Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., and Friday, 8:30 a.m.-noon.
Full-time employees are expected to work a nine-hour day, Monday-Thursday and a four-hour day on Friday. Staff who normally work Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., are permitted to leave on Friday at noon. All full-time employees will work 40 hours every week and are required to take a minimum of 30 minutes for lunch.
Examples of some summer scheduling hours include:
· 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, with an hour for lunch, and 8 a.m.-noon on Friday (or any combination to equal four hours: however, the office will be open 8:30 a.m.-noon).
· 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, with 30 minutes for lunch, and 8 a.m.-noon on Friday.
· 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Thursday, with an hour for lunch, and 8 a.m.-noon on Friday.
The various combinations of flexible schedules listed above are permitted as long as the office has staff employee coverage from 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8:30 a.m.-noon on Fridays. Know that the actual schedule for each employee requires the approval of the supervisor. Additionally, some departments will not follow the summer schedule as necessary coverage is required after normal business hours.
Summer hour exceptions
The following departments are the exception to the Summer Hours Policy. They will be open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., during the summer.
Undergraduate Admissions Office
Graduate Admissions Office
Financial Aid Office
Student Business Office
The following are exceptions to the above summer hours schedule:
- The week of May 30-June 3 – since the university will be closed Monday, May 30, for Memorial Day, the university will be open regular hours Tuesday, May 31-Friday, June 3 (8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
- The week of June 20-24 – since the university closed Monday, June 20 in observance of the Juneteenth holiday, the university will be open regular hours Tuesday, June 21 – Friday, June 24 (8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
- The week of July 4-8 – since the university will be closed Monday, July 4, in observance of the Fourth of July holiday, the university will be open regular hours Tuesday, July 5 – Friday, July 8 (8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
*Other exceptions are Lake Days scheduled for the summer. Lake Days will continue as scheduled and offices associated with Lake Days will remain open after noon if those days fall on a Friday. The rest of the university offices will close as scheduled.