Celebrate ‘National Day on Writing’ with the Writing Center
In honor of “National Day on Writing,” the Writing Center invites the OLLU community to participate in a series of events. National Day on Writing encourages Americans to write and seek enjoyment in learning from the writing of others. The Writing Center will display photos and historical pieces about OLLU and the Congregation of the Sisters of Divine Providence. The community is invited to submit their favorite memories of OLLU, which will be included in the display.
The following is a list of events for OLLU’s National Day on Writing celebration. All events will take place in Moye Hall, Room 003:
- Tuesday, Oct. 22 – 12:20 p.m. – Reading by author Ursula Villarreal-Moura
- Thursday, Oct. 24 – 3:45 p.m. – Writing Workshop with memories of OLLU – led by Melina Benavidez
- Tuesday, Oct. 29 – 12:20 p.m. – Halloween themed Haiku challenge led by Ursula Villarreal-Moura
- Wednesday, Oct. 30 – Noon – Sentence jumble with Sabrina Zertuche – scramble famously known sentences from books, dialogues, poems and movies.
- Thursday, Oct. 31 – 3:45 p.m. – Mystery writing event, drawing and history and traditions of OLLU – led by Melina Benavidez and Sabrina Zertuche
- Thursday, Nov. 7 – 3:45 p.m. – Open mic for reading by students who wish to share memories of OLLU