GO Week and OLLU Shred Day
Today kicks off National Get Organized (GO) Week – a great time to prepare for the OLLU Shred Day on Nov. 4, 2019.
Those who are interested in participating in Shred Day should first determine if the items can be recycled or if they need to be shredded? Review the Recycle vs. Shred guide to determine which method is acceptable.
Next, follow these steps:
- Consult the: Records Destruction Schedule
- Record destruction by using the: Records Destruction Form*
- Place private files in a standard size banker’s box
- Items that can be left in: staples
- Items that must be removed: spiral binders, metal clips, paper clips
- Bring standard size banker’s box to Shred Truck
*Documents for Shred Day must be approved by a supervisor or the Compliance Officer to ensure that the record is not relevant to any pending or anticipated litigation, claims, audit, investigation or enforcement actions prior to destruction. Participants who have completed the form by Oct. 31will be given instructions on where to bring their boxes.