Reminder: Annual ‘Heritage Day’ set for Oct. 8
Heritage Day will be held on Sunday, Oct. 8 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Moye Retreat Center, 600 London Street, in Castroville. The event will feature food, a raffle, a silent auction and visits with the Sisters of Divine Providence.
Heritage Day is a tribute to our collective spirit, heritage and the transformative impacts of the Sisters of Divine Providence. It is also an opportunity to strengthen shared bonds, to reminisce about our collective past and to dream about our collective future.
Moye Retreat Center has been part of the Castroville community since 1868. This Heritage Day will be a celebration of the past while illuminating our path forward.
Activities that await:
- Make shared memories: Walk the grounds and take in the living history of the Moye Retreat Center. Talk with the Sisters. Make new friends. Enjoy the day!
- Try your luck with our quilt raffle, delve into the treasures of the silent auction, and grab a few gifts from the craft sale. Pick out something for your garden from our plant sale. Savor a delightful array of homemade treats at our bake sale.
- Explore the children’s area which will have a petting zoo, face painting, pumpkin decorating and more. Hay bales and festive decorations will be set up, perfect for capturing fall family photos.
- Experience the choreographic beauty of Alsatian dancers and groove to the tunes of our DJ.
- Order a BBQ Plate: A delicious combination of BBQ Chicken, Alsatian Sausage, and sides! Cost: $10.
Proceeds will benefit the Moye Retreat Center, the original Motherhouse of the Sisters of Divine Providence in Castroville.